Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Understanding 'Kundo Pareng' (a Ningol's thought salad)

Kundo Pareng- sounds an endearing phrase right? Simultaneously tickles your unperturbed whims and fancies about that ‘Luhongba Numit' (especially for every Ningol I know it sure does). One ‘Kundo Pareng' stands testimonial to the whole event of uniting the ‘Bor' and the ‘Kanya' in our traditional Meitei Luhongba. (ahem waarido).



During my sister's marriage I have observed the ‘Kundo Pareng Lengba' ceremony by the bride. I could read my sister's blushing face and could also sense the goose bumps she was having during that particular ceremony. Besides photographing those cherishable moments of her life, I never gave any thought about the ‘Kundo Pareng lengba' part of any Meitei wedding. But watching her wedding video with some back ground sound track ‘saatloney saatlo leika fanna saatlone kundo leiraang leinungsi..' tickled the lulled feminism within me and forced some unnoticed smiles upon my lips. That was one particular moment when I started igniting a keen research upon the Meitei Luhongba style like never before (yabrane). Some garlanded thoughts today remixed with that long forgotten feeling and pampered me to post this blog sezzzz.



Well, I still don't have any idea whether ‘Kundo pareng lengba' will be quite a top-notch moment amidst the entire series of hulla-bulla events during my wedding in the making. However, I am very much sure of myself that no matter what and how I will never garland my most precious ‘Kundo Pareng' to the wrong guy who doesn't deserve it (chaahey kuch bhi ho jaaye HARGEEZ NAHI) lolzzz...



I would love to continue this blog but alas I don't have any more stuff to add since I am still Greek to so many things about ‘Luhongba'. So, let this be an unfinished blog until I grasp some more fresh ideas.





N:B: Unleashing some typical whims and fancies via a blog doesn't sound a bad idea right???...(lolz) yabrane?????

No comments: