Monday, October 11, 2010

The Ningol- A streamline version

Panthou maangol Khenjonglaang charaai yongkham maangda thaa....samlaang koikaknaribi nuja yetna huum oina oak oina huum yetna oak....paangadem jagoi saariye charei feejil feliye.........



One of the classical melodies sung by Pabung Tombisana and yes my inspirational source for coming up with the theme -The Ningol. The set of ideas I have so far conjured up about this theme is a replica of some sentimental and nostalgic nuances. Excluding myself from the population, I dedicate this piece of article to all those Meitei Chanus who truly deserve to be acknowledged as -The Ningol.



Meesum heibi kanagi yawada.....artha chenbi kanagi meenokta..........She is the source of inspiration of a poet. She is a beacon of hope for a timeless traveler..........................................etc etc. As you all know (and for those who did not know , know it now) I usually detest the very idea of indulging myself in a self appreciation club and moreover if I happen to write some more liners further praising the Ningol, then maybe it would be an indigestive element for the opposite gender (ahem). So, let me keep it short and crisp (hmm). After all crispy things are yummy as well. Alright! I was talking about the Ningol and I am still attaching my strings to the topic. I have zero idea about who is the ideal Ningol in this century and to be honest I am not keen to know in fact. If I have to keep my opinions in black and white then I have many issues with modern Ningols in particular among which I do not even exclude myself. Seems we are really losing our charms and eloquences and all because we have started disbelieving the myths which have been associated with us since time immemorial. But alas! It's not happy news for us. The streamline version of modern Ningol is somehow not that appealing as it used to be. No chastity badge ever maintained....no code of decency ever used......all guilty desires on rein and the elegance is all questioned. Starting from private chat rooms to closed doors in rented apartments in metro politan cities (as well as other cities in India)and in dark cabin rooms in restaurants in Manipur it's all guilty dark tales going on around...I regret admitting this but it was not supposed to be the recipe of my desired theme - The Ningol. My blog may be mercilessly criticized. It may either be appreciated. But I did not write it to be criticized or appreciated. I just wanted to generate an idea to each and every single Ningol in particular. Will you be with me to revive back the lost icon of The Ningol????




I do not mean anything negative towards any gender in this blog. It's just another choiron of mine......please digest with a pinch of salt.....after all it's a slice of life.

No comments: